Cameron Diaz Says It's Great Being Single - So Far




10/02/2012 at 07:05 PM EDT





Cameron Diaz


Terry Richardson/Esquire UK



Over the decades in the dating department, Cameron Diaz has been seen with Matt Dillon, Justin Timberlake and, again earlier this year, Yankee slugger Alex Rodriguez.

But marriage? Not for her – so far, she tells November's U.K. edition of Esquire , on sale Thurs., Oct. 4.


"It just wasn't the thing I was drawn to. I certainly didn't want it in my 20s. Or my 30s," the star, who also poses provocatively for a series of photos accompanying the interview, tells the magazine.


But now, having turned 40 on Aug. 30, she is more open-minded about marriage. "We'll see!" she says.


What does she look for in would-be suitors? "I want someone who takes care of themselves, who's strong. To hear people are engaged in life like that is exciting to me," she says.


Cameron Diaz Says It's Great Being Single – So Far| Cameron Diaz

Cameron Diaz


Terry Richardson / Esquire UK




Though she is currently happy not to have kids, Diaz, who recently starred in the comedy What To Expect When You're Expecting, has not ruled out having them someday.

"I don't need to have the children in my life be a part of my literal flesh," she says. "And anyway, there's still a possibility of that, I ain't that old. I'm feeling very ... capable."


Clearly comfortable in her own skin, Diaz says: "For the first time in my life I'm content. Getting older is the best part of life. I know myself better. I feel more capable than ever. And as far as the physicality of it – I feel better at 40 than I did at 25."






No comments:

Post a Comment