Drew Lachey Blogs: All Good Things Must Come to an End




10/15/2012 at 10:05 AM EDT





Anna Trebunskaya and Drew Lachey


Craig Sjodin/ABC



Drew Lachey is a member of 98 Degrees and he starred on Broadway in Monty Python's Spamalot and Rent. He is the season 2 winner of Dancing with the Stars and a founder of Lachey Arts Music Theater Camp. Lachey has been blogging for PEOPLE.com about his return to the ballroom with pro Anna Trebunskaya for the DWTS all-stars seasonthough the pair were eliminated on Oct. 9.

Well, all good things must come to an end. This past Monday, Helio [Castroneves] and I were the victims of a double elimination. I wish I could say this came as a complete surprise, but that wouldn't be all together true.


I had already been in the bottom 2 in week one, and my judges' scores weren't as good as some of the other competitors. Even with those facts, I thought our cha-cha was good enough to keep us in the competition. Anna and I were the first couple to perform this week, and we scored a 24 with our dance that we performed to Beyoncé's "Crazy in Love."


My first reaction was that a 24 was a good score. That quickly changed when I saw the scores that the others were getting. At the end of the night Anna and I were tied for second from the bottom with Kirstie [Alley] and Maks [Chmerkovskiy] and just above Bristol [Palin] and Mark [Ballas]. We knew we were in trouble.


This week all of the remaining couples were "assigned" a new style of dance by another couple. These styles range from Bolero to Charleston to Broadway. It should prove to be a really fun week. Not only does this week take the celebs out of their comfort zone but also most of the pros. Unlike ballroom, these aren't dances that they have been training for during most of their lives.


I, for one, am very interested to see who handles this week the best. This is a great opportunity for couples to put a little distance between themselves and the competition. In addition to that, Paula Abdul will be a guest judge this week.


I have said this many times, but this show is a lot of fun to be a part of. I am going to miss the opportunity to perform every week and to learn something new, but mostly I am going to miss dancing with Anna and seeing the other competitors, all of who have become my friends.


I wish them all good luck this season, and may the best dancer win.






No comments:

Post a Comment