Joe Biden Vs. Paul Ryan on Music




10/11/2012 at 10:20 AM EDT





Joe Biden and Paul Ryan


David Lienemann/White House; Bill Clark/CQ Roll Call/Getty



The Vice Presidential debate between Joe Biden and Paul Ryan is Thursday night, and PEOPLE got the jump on things by asking Joe Biden and Congressman Paul Ryan from Wisconsin to go toe-to-toe on ... tunes. And they proved about as far apart on music as they are on, well, Medicare.

Favorite song on the campaign trail? Biden chose the soulful and sultry love song "You Are The Best Thing," by Ray LaMontagne, while Ryan went with AC/DC's hard-rocking "It's a Long Way to the Top."


Sentimentality also hit different notes in the category "song that reminds me of home."


"'When Irish Eyes Are Smiling,'" said Biden. "I think of my mother." And Ryan? "At Wisconsin Badgers [college] football games in Madison, they start every fourth quarter with House of Pain's 'Jump Around,' so [that song] brings me back to Wisconsin."


One thing the opponents agreed upon in the "band-I-wish-I-could-be-in" category: Neither has any business being in a band themselves.


"Led Zeppelin is my favorite band. But out of respect I could never imagine joining their ranks," said Ryan. Biden chose The Chieftains, adding: "And I would sing 'Shenandoah' if I had any musical talent."






No comments:

Post a Comment