Justin Timberlake Responds to 'Distasteful' Wedding Video



10/26/2012 at 02:00 PM EDT



Instead of basking in the joys of being a newlywed with wife Jessica Biel, Justin Timberlake is defending a negative video that was reportedly a part of his wedding.

"The last time I wrote a letter like this, it was when I had the good fortune of attending a once in a lifetime experience by sharing an evening with some of America's finest at the Marine Corps Ball about a year ago," he says on his website.


"I was so moved by that night, I wanted to share it with everyone. Unfortunately, this letter holds a different kind of weight for me?"


Timberlake, who calls himself a "pretty private person," goes on to explain: "I can't fight the urge to clarify my thoughts and feelings on what has been a very upsetting portrayal of the people closest to me and myself. It's not who I am as a professional or as a man."


According to the Huffington Post, a video made by Timberlake pal Justin Huchel that involves homeless people sending best wishes to the newlyweds was shown during festivities.


The approximately eight-minute video – part of which was viewable on Gawker until legal action was taken – was made and "exhibited privately at Justin Timberlake's wedding as a private joke without Mr. Timberlake's knowledge," attorney Michael J. Saltz wrote. "Mr. Huchel especially has not authorized you or Gawker Media to use or exploit any portion of his copyrighted video."



Timberlake's open letter, which he Tweeted a link to Friday, goes on to defend what he calls a "silly, unsavory" video, and "clear the air so no one has to ever wonder how I feel about it."


He writes:

1. I had no knowledge of its existence. I had absolutely ZERO contribution to it.�

2. My friends are good people. This was clearly a lapse in judgment, which I'm sure no one who is reading this is exempt from. But, I don't believe it was made to be insensitive. More so, I think it was made as a joke on me not having that many friends attending my own wedding (which IS kind of funny if you think about it).

3. Like many silly rumors that I have been made aware of about the week: It was NOT shown at my wedding.

4. I think we can all agree that it was distasteful, even though that was not its intention.


He concludes that "I'm having my friend do at least 100 hours of community service ... Boom."






No comments:

Post a Comment