Kym Johnson's DWTS Blog: I'm 'Surprised' and 'Disappointed' by Elimination




10/08/2012 at 04:50 PM EDT





Kym Johnson and Joey Fatone



Kym Johnson is a two-time Dancing with the Stars champion, taking the coveted mirror ball trophy in season 9 with Donny Osmond and in season 12 with Hines Ward. The Australia native blogged for PEOPLE.com about competing with Joey Fatone in the all-star season. The pair was unfortunately sent home during the second week of competition. Johnson is sharing her final elimination post below.

I was surprised we were sent home.


We didn't have terrible scores. We were kind of in the middle of the pack. We just had so much more we wanted to do. I was so excited about Monday's dance, so I'm more upset that I didn't get to do that.


I'm disappointed. We were having a lot of fun. I knew it was going to be tough every week, but I wasn't expecting to be gone so soon.


I know the judges have to critique and that's their job, but I was a little bit upset Len said that Joey can't dance and can only entertain. I think it came out worse than what he wanted it to be, but I felt like the judges were pretty hard on us. But then again, we got good scores.



At the end of the day, though, this season is so close that I think it's really going to come down to the fan vote.


When it was down to the bottom three, and we were up there with Kelly [Monaco] and Val [Chmerkovskiy]; and Hélio [Castroneves] and Chelsie [Hightower], I looked at Joey and I was like, "Uh oh, I think this is it." And he was like, "Oh well." He's just got the best attitude and personality. I'm going to miss seeing him every week.


Cheryl [Burke] is one of my best friends, and I really think she and Emmitt [Smith] are doing a great job, so now that I'm no longer competing, I'm kind of rooting for them. But it really could be anyone this season.


I'm going to miss everyone on the show. You become like family. It was a really fun season to be a part of. But I'll be around. I'm going to be back on the show. And this gives me a chance to focus on other projects I have and am really excited about doing. I think everything happens for a reason, so we'll see.


But I'm one of those people who hates having time off. I'll have a day and then I'm like, all right, back to work. But with this time off, I'm doing things like getting a facial. I've been pampering myself.


One thing I won't miss are those spray tans we had to get for the show. I won't be getting any now! I'm just going to be natural.







No comments:

Post a Comment