Robin Roberts Goes Home from Hospital




10/11/2012 at 08:40 AM EDT



She began making plans to go home right after her bone-marrow transplant last month. Now, Robin Roberts has her cherished wish.

"There's no place like home. After 30 days in the hospital I'm home," the Good Morning America anchor wrote Thursday on Twitter. "Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Thank YOU and bless YOU. XO."


Roberts, 51, who is being treated for a rare blood disorder called myelodysplastic syndrome, says she feels good, but there is still a long road ahead.


"I am considered 21 days old. That's how long it has been since my transplant," she writes on her GMA blog. "Remember when you brought your baby home for the first time? Your precious bundle didn't leave the house much and you were careful that anyone who came in contact with your child was healthy."


Thus, she plans to remain on hiatus from morning TV "until I'm given the all clear."


But she is optimistic that day will come soon. "Each day I get stronger and stronger," she writes. "I am fond of saying, 'This too shall pass.' And even in some dark moments, of which there are still a few, I now see that light at the end of the tunnel. This too really shall pass."






No comments:

Post a Comment