Scott Stapp Says T.I. Saved His Life




10/05/2012 at 04:30 PM EDT





Scott Stapp (left) and T.I.


Dave Kotinsky/Getty; Chelsea Lauren/WireImage



T.I. is best known as a chart-topping hip-hop icon, but maybe he should add guardian angel to his resume.

In an interview with VH1'S Big Morning Show, Creed front man Scott Stapp reveals the amazing story of how the rapper saved him during one of the darkest periods of his life.


A few years ago, Stapp checked into Miami's Delano Hotel for what he describes as a "binge." But after three days of partying "in a prison of alcohol and drug addiction," the rocker started to hear voices of what he presumed to be law enforcement and tried to escape. Instead, he ended up falling 40 feet from his balcony.


Stapp says his botched escape left him paralyzed on the ground with a fractured skull and broken hip and nose.


Enter T.I., who discovered the injured rocker and served as a "guardian angel," as Stapp calls him.


"He immediately took care of the situation and saved my life," Stapp, who first made the revelation in his new book Sinner's Creed, tells VH1. Stapp goes on to say that T.I. recognized him since the two had met prior to Stapp's accident, when they bonded over their love of Alabama football.


"As I'm laying on the ledge … blood fell to his feet and he looked up and he had an Alabama hat on," Stapp says. "I said, 'Roll tide,' and then he looked at me and put two and two together and really … he saved my life."


And this is not the first time T.I. has been a life-saver. In 2010, he stopped a man in Atlanta from jumping out of a 22-foot building.


"Something in my heart just said, 'You need to help,' " the rapper told PEOPLE at the time.







No comments:

Post a Comment