Sharon Osbourne Turns 60!




10/05/2012 at 09:30 AM EDT



The big 6-0 is a number that scares many people, but not Sharon Osbourne, whose milestone birthday was celebrated in an episode of The Talk that will air on Tuesday, Oct. 9.

"With every age there's a down and a plus. You get wisdom, you get inner strength, you get empowered. I'm 60 and I'm healthy and I'm happy and I'm not going to waste it worrying," Osbourne told PEOPLE after taping the show.


As a cancer survivor, Osbourne also confesses, "I never thought I'd get here, let alone everything else. My life now is a bonus, really."


For the episode, the Osbourne matriarch was joined on-air by her rocker husband Ozzy Osbourne, her daughter Kelly Osbourneand friend Nick Cannon. Her son Jack Osbourne, Elton John, Mariah Carey, Tommy Lee and Nikki Sixx all sent video birthday wishes, while Ace of Cakes star Duff Goldman made a cake in the likeness of Osbourne's beloved Pomeranian Bella.



Osbourne was pounds lighter for the fete thanks to following the Atkins Diet plan for the past two months, combined with regular workouts on an elliptical machine and light weight lifting.


"I didn't want to get to 60 and still feel uncomfortable in my clothes. That was one of the things on my bucket list before I turned 60," Osbourne says. "I left it until the very last minute, of course, because that's the way I run my life. I looked and saw The Atkins Diet and I thought 'That's for me.' "


Next on her bucket list?


"I want to learn another language other than swearing," she quips. "I want to learn Italian. I don't know one word other than pasta, but I will learn."


Sharon Osbourne Turns 60!| TV News, Elton John, Jack Osbourne, Kelly Osbourne, Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon, Nikki Sixx, Ozzy Osbourne, Sharon Osbourne, Tommy Lee

Sharon Osbourne (center), flanked by daughter Kelly Osbourne and husband Ozzy Osbourne, with the cast of The Talk


Cliff Lipson / CBS








No comments:

Post a Comment