The Saturdays: What to Know About the U.K. Pop Stars




10/20/2012 at 12:00 PM EDT



It's official: The five-member pop sensation and U.K. chart toppers The Saturdays have hit U.S. shores!

Una Healy, 31, Rochelle Wiseman, 23, Mollie King, 25, Frankie Sandford, 23, and Vanessa White, 22, have had 11 top-10 singles in the U.K. since they came together in 2007. They sat front row at the Milly spring/summer show at New York Fashion Week, made their red carpet debut at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards and are gearing up for their first official American performance at the Roxy in L.A. on Oct. 25.


Their next album is due out in January and is being produced in the U.S. by Rodney Jerkins of Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston and – you guessed it! – Spice Girls fame. "Apparently Britney is in and out of his studio all the time," Sandford says. "Mollie is obviously hoping to bump into her!"


Here are five things to know about the pop group:


1. Prince Harry Pal

Rumors circulated in April that King was a love interest of Prince Harry. She laughed them off at the time, and in a recent visit to PEOPLE, set the record straight: They have mutual friends and were all "hanging out" together and having fun. King is enjoying "the single life" and isn't hiding the fact that she is looking for love. "I'm looking for a real gentleman to sweep me off my feet," she says. "I'm hoping I can find one here in America."


2. The One Direction Connection

Wiseman was married on July 27 to British singer and actor Marvin Humes of boy band JLS, who are pals with the guys of One Direction. "My wedding was the best day of my life," Wiseman told PEOPLE. "It was lovely, all my friends and family there. [One Direction members] Harry [Styles] and Niall [Horan] spent the night going crazy on the dace floor," she says.


3. Canine Crazy

"Between the five of us we have 10 dogs in total," Sandford tells PEOPLE. They include: Sandford's Chihuahua, Pixie, and her pug, Presley; King's toy poodle, Alfie; Wiseman's miniature Yorkshire Terrier, Tiger, and Pomeranian, Pudding; Healy's two Jack Russell Terrier/pugs, Jackson and Bono; and White's beagles, Georges, Peaches and Maggie.


"Currently we're living in America and we and we miss them like mad," Sandford says. "Luckily our parents and friends are taking good care of them."


4. One's a Mom

On March 13, Healy gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Aoife Belle Foden, the group's first baby. "Aoife has been loving life in L.A., so far. She's already a Beverly Hills fashionista," Healy says.


Her name is a traditional Irish one, "meaning beautiful," says Healy. "[My husband Ben Foden] and I couldn't decide on a name, and when my dad suggested Aoife, we both looked at each other and said, 'That's perfect!' "


5. Revenge on the Mind

"I ended up watching the entire season one over two days," White says of ABC's drama Revenge. "I'm absolutely obsessed. I love that there are so many episodes you can sink your teeth into. I'm definitely Team Emily," says Sandford. "I love how mischievous and conniving she is."






No comments:

Post a Comment