Alison Eastwood Is Engaged



12/03/2012 at 01:45 PM EST





Stacy Poitras and Alison Eastwood


Vivien Killilea/FilmMagic



There's more excitement for Clint Eastwood!

Fresh off the heels of Friday's news that his daughter Francesca Eastwood was named Miss Golden Globe 2013, one of his other daughters, Alison Eastwood, 40, is ready to go public with the longtime engagement to her Chainsaw Gang costar Stacy Poitras.


"I actually asked for [Clint's] permission three years ago at a Thanksgiving dinner in Pebble Beach that was attended by Alison's mom Maggie [Johnson], too," Poitras tells Celebuzz.


Having been with Alison for five years, Poitras calls himself "the luckiest guy in the world," to be engaged to "an angel."


As for a reaction from the Academy Award winner, 82, "Clint is a cool guy ... but he’s definitely a man of few words," Poitras says. "I quietly asked him when we were alone if it would be all right if I asked for his daughter's hand in marriage. He coolly looked me in the eye and softly said, 'You better take that up with her,' to which I replied, 'So, I have your permission?' And he said, 'Yes.' "






No comments:

Post a Comment