Brooke Burke-Charvet Says Thyroid Cancer Has Brought Her Family Closer



Dancing With the Stars



12/12/2012 at 11:25 AM EST



Seven days after undergoing a thyroidectomy, Brooke Burke-Charvet is focusing on recovery.

On the ModernMom website, she writes, "I just got the results back from all of my tests and great news – the thyroid cancer has been removed from my body and all my lymph nodes are clear," she writes. "So I'm hoping that this is the end of the story. Woohoo!!! And thank GOD!"


The Dancing with the Stars host – who has kept fans updated with her post-surgery progress via her blogs – says "My surgery went really well and recovery is much better than I expected it would be."


Burke-Charvet, 41, says "Every day I'm feeling better and I'm looking forward to getting back to my usual routine, but with a bit of a different outlook. I've never been one to take life for granted and it sounds so cliché to say it, but this whole thyroid experience has given my family such a scare that it seems to have brought us all closer."


The mom of four continues, "and it's allowing us to ring in the New Year with a new found respect for life," she says.


Prior to her surgery, Burke-Charve thanked fans for their support, writing, "The stress and anxiety that I've been feeling is now outweighed by love and support, and it is overwhelming in the most beautiful way."






No comments:

Post a Comment