Hugh Jackman Says He Fell Asleep After Golden Globes Nod



Hugh Jackman



12/14/2012 at 09:15 AM EST




Hugh Jackman loves to sleep but he doesn't mind being awakened with good news – something he's getting used to of late.


When he got word that he was nominated for a Golden Globe this week, "it was about the best 5:45 a.m. wake up call I've had in my life," says the Les Misérables star on Friday's The Ellen DeGeneres Show .


But just as soon as the veteran theater actor learned about his nomination, Jackman, 44, (who'd been out until 2 a.m. the night before), told DeGeneres that he wasn't exactly overtaken by the excitement.


"I don't have a problem with sleeping. In fact, immediately after I found out I went back to sleep and actually had the best two hours from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. I've ever had in my life."


Jackman, who Wednesday also earned a SAG Award nomination for his portrayal of convict Jean Valjean, needed his beauty rest. He was due to receive yet another honor Thursday: his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, a moment he calls surreal. He said he was happy his wife insisted on bringing his children along to share the experience.


"I was so glad they were there," Jackman said. "Cause it kind of hits you. As a kid from the northern suburbs of Sydney, here you are outside the theater where they Oscars are. It's one of those moments to remember."


Les Misérables, which also stars Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried, opens at theaters on Christmas Day.






No comments:

Post a Comment