Meg Ryan Joins Cast of How I Met Your Mother Spin-Off




04/24/2014 at 10:05 AM EDT



Meg Ryan is getting back into acting, but as befits her more private life these days, it's an off-camera role.

Ryan, 52, has signed up to be the narrator of How I Met Your Dad, the upcoming spin-off of CBS's just-concluded How I Met Your Mother , according to Entertainment Weekly .


Much as Bog Saget provided the voice of future Ted in the original series, Ryan will be unseen as the voice of future Sally, whose present, on-camera self will be portrayed by Greta Gerwig.


The new show's structure will be similar to HIMYM, but the story lines reportedly will not intersect.


Aside for a few cameos in the Showtime series Web Therapy, Ryan – a former romantic-comedy darling – hasn't had any major film or TV roles in six years.


She's been focusing instead on her life in New York with her 9-year-old daughter Daisy and rocker boyfriend John Mellencamp.






No comments:

Post a Comment