Phil Harris - That's What I Like About The South lyrics

Won't you come with me to Alabamy

Let's go see my dear old mammy

She's frying eggs and broilin' hammy

That's what I like about the south

Now there you can make no mistaky

Where those? never shaky

Ought to taste her layer cakey

That's what I like about the south


She's got big ribs and candied yams

Oh, sugar cured Virginia hams

Basements full of those berry jams

And that's what I like about the south


Hot cornbread and black-eyed peas

You can eat as much as you please

'Cause it's never out of season

That's what I like about the south


Ah, don't take one, have two

They're bark brown and chocolate too

Suits me they must suit you

'Cause that's what I like about the south


It's a way way down where the cane grows tall

Down where they say "you all"

Walk on in with that southern drawl

'Cause that's what I like about the south


Sit down where they have those pretty queens keep a dreamin'

Those dreamy dreams

Well let's sip that? within New Orleans

And that's what I like about the south


Here come ole Bob with all the news

Got the box back coat and the button shoes

Well he's all caught up with his union dues

And that's what I like about the south


Here come ole Roy down the street

Ho, can't you hear those coupla feet

He would rather Sleep

And tha tha tha that's what I like about the south


Now every time I pass your door

You act like you don't want me no more

Why don't you shake your head and sigh

And I'll go walkin' right on by

Gone on, on and on and on

Honey when you tell me that you love me

Then how come you close your eyes


Did I tell you about the place called Do-I-Ditty

It ain't no town and it ain't no city

It's just awful small but awful pretty

With Do-I-Ditty

I didn't come here to critisize

I'm not here to sympathize

But don't call me those no good lies

Cause a lying gal I do despise

You love me like I love you

Send me fifty PDQ

Roses are red and violets are pink

I'll get that good ole fifty I don't think


She's got back bones and buttered beans

Ham hocks and turnip greens

You and me in New Oleans

And that's what I like about the south






No comments:

Post a Comment