Watch Lady Antebellum Serenade an Unsuspecting (and Emotional!) Fan


Lady Antebellum's 7For7 Campaign Surprise Video


Lady Antebellum: Dave Haywood, Hillary Scott and Charles Kelley


Frank Micelotta/PictureGroup






10/04/2014 AT 08:15 PM EDT



Talk about a lunch date to remember!

Lady Antebellum stunned lucky fan Alexis Wonais with a surprise serenade of their hit "I Run to You" as she and her fiancé Jordan Myers were out to eat in Perry, Georgia, on Saturday.


But the surprise didn't end there for Wonais: Lady A also invited the newly engaged couple to their show and is hooking them up with a five-night Mexican honeymoon. Oh yeah, and they're also providing Wonais's wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses.


Sound amazing? It was all part of the group's 7FOR7 initiative, a week-long campaign that has taken them around the country to surprise and fulfill seven wishes for seven fans in seven days, in support of their new album 747.


The singers say they were inspired to reach out to the couple after they received a letter from Myers.


"Alexis is my fiancé and we just got engaged last month," he wrote. "Music has always been very important to us. I actually sang a song to her on a bridge at sunset as we overlooked this river in the backwoods of Michigan as my proposal. She's a big Lady A fan, so I surprised her with tickets to the We Own the Night concert a couple years ago and she absolutely loved it."


"One of our favorite things to do together is to sing 'I Run to You' together when we are driving in the car. She has been very stressed out with family and work issues recently and I've always told her that when life gets stressful and overwhelming, she will always have me to run to. She is the love of my life and I couldn't think of anyone more deserving of this surprise than her."


Pass the tissues!






No comments:

Post a Comment