The Sound Of Music - Sixteen Going On Seventeen lyrics

(Rolf)

You wait little girl

On an empty stage

For fate to turn the light on

Your life little girl

Is an empty page

That men will want to write on


(Liesl)

To write on


(Rolf)

You are 16 going on 17

Baby it's time to think

Better beware

Be canny and careful

Baby you're on the brink


You are 16 going on 17

Fellows will fall in line

Eager young lads

And grueways and cads

Will offer you food and wine


Totally unprepared are you

To face a world of men

Timid and shy and scared are you

Of things beyond your kin


You need someone

Older and wiser

Telling you what to do

I am 17 going on 18

I'll take care of you


(Liesl)

I am 16 going on 17

I know that I'm naive

Fellows I meet may tell me I'm sweet

And willingly I believe


I am 16 going on 17 innocent as a rose

Bachelor dandies

Drinkers of brandies

What do I know of those?


Totally unprepared am I

To face a world of men

Timid and shy and scared am I

Of things beyond your ken


I need someone

Older and wiser

Telling me what to do

You are 17 going on 18

I'll depend on you






No comments:

Post a Comment