Marissa Jaret Winokur: I Lost 60 Lbs.




10/31/2012 at 06:30 PM EDT





Marissa Jaret Winokur


Christopher Polk/Getty; Imeh Akpanudosen/Getty



Marissa Jaret Winokur says she shed 60 lbs., but worries: Is that enough for show business?

"I definitely have moments where I'll go to an audition or a meeting and girls are just so much skinnier," she tells The Insider . "I'm still in Hollywood. I still will be considered a chubby actress."


Taking the show's Brooke Anderson on a tour of her closet, the actress, 39, also notes that she still keeps her old clothes "because I'm sure I'll gain [the weight] all back."


"I know it's horrible," she says, "but here's the thing ... My fear is, what do you do? I have jeans that fit me great and what if I gain it back? I need those jeans."


The bubbly star and PEOPLE blogger – whose newly svelte physique first caught the public's eye at a premiere on Monday – felt comfortable with her heavier appearance, but lost weight for the sake of her well-being.


"When I was a size 14, I was super happy," Winokur explains. "I felt confident in my body. I don't think a size really should define who you are, and how you feel about yourself ... The doctor [was] saying I'm not healthy...so I [needed] to change my way of life. But, interestingly enough, there are moments in my life [when] I felt more comfortable in that body sometimes than in this body."






No comments:

Post a Comment