The Voice Singers Give It Their All for Final Steal



The Voice



10/24/2012 at 07:30 AM EDT





From left: Adam Levine, Cee Lo Green, Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton and host Carson Daly


Mark Seliger/NBC



With only one Steal left Tuesday night on The Voice , the pressure was on to get a coveted spot in the upcoming Knockout rounds.

Former Disney star Jordan Pruitt had to abandon her roots in order to give her an edge against the formidable Adriana Louise on Team Christina. The pair gave it all they had in performing Katy Perry's "Hot N Cold," which left all the coaches stunned.


"That was one of the best Battles we've had," Cee Lo Green said as his fellow coaches concurred.


The bubbly rendition made for a tough decision on Christina Aguilera's part, but she kept Louise on her team.


Blake Shelton teamed up punk rocker Michaela Paige and country sweetheart Kelly Crapa to sing Joan Jett's "I Hate Myself for Loving You."


The unusual pairing delighted the judges, and Adam Levine remarked that their performance was the equivalent of "a musical pillow fight. It was very sweet," he said. But ultimately, Paige's onstage and vocal edge secured her spot on Team Blake.


Green's singers rounded out the night with an energetic performance. Professional backup singer Chevonne definitely had the stage presence to set her apart, but her voice couldn't hold up to competitor Avery Wilson in their take on David Guetta and Sia's "Titanium."


But all was not lost, as Aguilera snatched her up in the final Steal before the Knockout rounds, which start next week.






1 comment:

  1. The Voice’s going great this season and it’s better than I remember last year’s episodes. I can’t tear myself from the TV and I’ve watched a few episodes repeatedly. I’m glad Christina was able to save Chevonne with the final steal and keep her in the game. I’m enjoying my episodes of The Voice and it’s been a great season. I used to hate having to choose what shows I wanted to record on primetime when there’re so many. My family wasn't happy with me tying up all the DVRs with my recordings, since I work in the evenings. Then my coworker at DISH told me about the Hopper DVR and the awesome PrimeTime Anytime feature. I get all four networks recorded every night and it only takes up one TV. The family can watch what they want without having to be stuck watching recordings all the time. I love this feature and there’s not a single person I know who doesn’t love this amazing feature.

    ReplyDelete