Logan Lerman: Five Things to Know About the Rising Star




09/30/2012 at 11:20 AM EDT





Logan Lerman


Charles Sykes/Invision/AP



He plays the titular shy high schooler in the new film The Perks of Being a Wallflower , but off-screen Logan Lerman is happy to stand out from the crowd. Here's what you need to know about the 20-year-old rising star.

1. He's been a Greek god, a Musketeer – and soon the biblical son of Noah

The Los Angeles-bred actor got his big break in 2010's Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, in which he battled Medusa and other mythological baddies as the teenage son of Poseidon. A year later, he showed off his sword-wielding skills as D'Artagnan in The Three Musketeers.


Next up: Lerman stars as Ham, the son of prophet Noah (played by Russell Crowe), in the upcoming Biblical epic Noah.


2. His toughest critics share his last name

"The only people I can really rely on for honest review is my family," says Lerman, the youngest of three siblings. "There are so many times my brother has called me and said, 'This movie is crap. You need to make better films.' " After seeing The Perks of Being a Wallflower, "it was the first time they all walked out and said they were really proud of it."


3. He’ll always love Pittsburgh

He and his Wallflower castmates – including Emma Watson and Ezra Miller – bonded while shooting in the Steel City.


"We took over this wing of the Crowne Plaza in the middle of a mall in a residential area of Pittsburgh," he says. "None of us had a car, so we couldn't really go anywhere, so we were kind of isolated there. We were all living on this one floor next door to each other, room to room. Doors were open all of the time; we never slept. It was like a dorm. We had a lot of fun. Mainly we played a lot of music together and really supported each other."


4. He may be coming to a lobby near you

"I enjoy playing music," he says. "I enjoy writing music. I play a few [instruments], primarily piano and guitar. I travel with an instrument. If I'm in a hotel and there's a piano in the lobby, I'll try to play."


5. He likes to rock

"At the moment I'm listening to a lot of Neil Young, Arcade Fire, The Strokes, a little bit of Alabama Shakes," he says of his current iPod playlist.


Would he ever consider releasing an album of his own? "I don't know if that will ever happen. But I do love music."






No comments:

Post a Comment