Sean Lowe: 5 Things to Know About the New Bachelor




09/29/2012 at 06:30 PM EDT



Sean Lowe fell short in winning Emily Maynard's affections on The Bachelorette .

But he's no longer brokenhearted; he's ready for love on The Bachelor on ABC.


Here are five things to know about the 28-year-old beefy, Dallas-based insurance agent.:


1. He has a close connection to handbags

Lowe knows a thing or two about ladies' accessories. Signing on as a business partner of The Factory Girl website, the reality stud joins pal Clay Silver – the designer of the colorful, one-of-a-kind handbags and custom furniture pieces – and her sister, Jessie, who is the CEO.


2. He's involved with charity work

Through The Factory Girl and his Sean Lowe and Friends organization, the businessman as recently as Sept. 8 helped raise money for the fight against cancer. Charging all guests $20 at local Dallas bar Dyer Street, proceeds benefitted Micaela's Army and 1 Million for Anna. Both are named after childhood friends who died from the disease.


3. He calls his experience on The Bachelorette therapeutic

He didn't end up with Maynard as he originally hoped, but Lowe says he "wouldn't trade [my experience on the show] for anything." In an interview on Vimeo, he says, "It forced me to open up and I learned a lot about myself. It was very cathartic; very therapeutic."


4. Religion is his top priority

In case it wasn't clear by his Twitter bio where he says, "Most importantly, I love Jesus!" Lowe also types out psalms and other religious posts regularly. As recently as Sept. 24, he wrote, "Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can't keep God's love away. Romans 8:38 I'd be lost without it."


5. His sister auditioned him for The Bachelorette behind his back

Lowe embraces the Bachelor franchise now, but he was originally against it after his sister signed him up as a hopeful contestant behind his back. "She gave me no advance warning," Lowe has explained on Kidd Kraddick's Texas-based radio show. "I got a call one day from the casting department at The Bachelorette. It took me by surprise. At first I was totally against it. I was like, 'I'm not going to subject myself to this. I'm not going to be one of those guys.' "






No comments:

Post a Comment