Sofia Vergara 'Almost Had a Heart Attack' When Her Emmys Dress Split


Style News Now

09/27/2012 at 04:00 PM ET




Sofia Vergara

Steve Granitz/WireImage; Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage


Sofia Vergara‘s, uh, ‘cheeky’ Tweet certainly went viral following Sunday night’s Emmy Awards, but the actress didn’t find her wardrobe malfunction very amusing.


“The picture was taken by my boyfriend [Nick Loeb] to tell me how bad [the split] was, because I wouldn’t understand how bad it was and I kept walking all over the event,” Vergara told reporters in New York on Thursday while promoting her Kmart collection. “So he was like, ‘You have to stop! Let me show you what is going on in the back [of your dress].’”


After seeing the photo, “I almost had a heart attack,” the Modern Family star said. “And then I wanted to get it fixed very fast because I wanted to be part of the celebration of receiving [Modern Family's outstanding comedy series] Emmy on stage.”


The actress was whisked away “downstairs somewhere backstage,” she recalled, where “two women … sewed me back in without even taking the dress off because we didn’t have enough time.” Luckily, they fixed the sea green Zuhair Murad creation quickly, and Vergara was able to join her castmates on stage for their big moment.


The source of the tear is still a mystery to the star; she insisted she was sitting for most of the telecast. But now she looks back on the moment with a grin. “It was like a funny joke,” she said of the photo. “We were laughing at it.”


–Kate Hogan


WHICH STARS WERE BEST DRESSED AT THE EMMYS? FIND OUT!






No comments:

Post a Comment