Marc Summers Reveals His Face After Car Accident




10/19/2012 at 08:00 AM EDT



Marc Summers is still deep in recovery mode after injuring his face in a car accident in August.

More than two months after the crash, the Food Network star got some discouraging news: "I have to have more surgery," he tells PEOPLE. "My left eye isn't where it's supposed to be and the ripped skin from where I hit the credit card machine [in the taxi] hasn't healed properly."


Summers, 60, was riding in the back of a cab when the driver lost control and the vehicle hydroplaned causing the crash. Summers hit the partition between the front and back seats of the cab.


"There's a divot under my eye so there's dead tissue," the Restaurant Impossible producer tells PEOPLE. "The doctor says it's a three month setback, but there's not much I can do. I'm going to remain optimistic."


The plan is to fix the tear and remove the titanium in his face in the hope that it will correct the placement of his eye. "If that doesn't work, they're going to have to tighten the muscles," says Summers. "I'm not sure how that happens and I'm not sure I want to know."


The prognosis isn't all bad news, however. "There was concern I would have trouble seeing, and I did see double for a while," he says. "But now my sight is in pretty good shape."


"Some people say they can't tell I had an accident, but I'm still pretty swollen on the left side," he adds. "I'm getting my stamina back. I'm about 88 percent of where I need to be but that's pretty damn good."






No comments:

Post a Comment