Wynonna's Husband Cactus Moser Returns to the Stage After Motorcycle Crash




11/30/2012 at 12:30 PM EST



Three months after losing his leg following a motorcycle accident, country star Wynonna's husband, drummer Cactus Moser, triumphantly returned to the stage.

The audience in Regina, Saskatchewan, gave Moser, 55, a lengthy standing ovation on Tuesday night when he performed with his wife at the kick-off of her Rockin' Christmas tour, reports the Regina Leader-Post .


"It's been a long way from Aug. 18 to here," Wynonna, 48, told the crowd. "It's truly a miracle."


After his motorcycle collided with an oncoming vehicle Aug. 18 in South Dakota, doctors had to amputate Moser's left leg above the knee and also performed surgery on one of his hands.


Although Moser was told he would be in rehab for three to four weeks, he was out in eight days, they recently revealed. The couple said the experience made them closer than ever and taught them about real love.


"I went from Wyonnna the singer to Wynonna the wife, the nurse, the cook, the driver. We're talking real down-in-the-trenches, hardcore stuff that you don't really think you're gonna have to go to [in a marriage]," she told The Boot at the BMI Country Awards earlier this month.


Added Moser: "I've watched what she's done for me and to me, to help me get into a shower and into the bathroom. I can't imagine being in that situation and going, 'This is who I love, but this is not how I saw him.' I have watched her be a gallant, amazing champion and wondered how I would have reacted if it were her."


The newlyweds will continue recording Wynonna's upcoming album, due next year, after wrapping up their Christmas tour on Dec. 22.






No comments:

Post a Comment