Charlie Daniels Recovering From Pacemaker Surgery, Pneumonia



03/28/2013 at 02:30 PM EDT



The show will go on for country musician Charlie Daniels.

"The Devil Went Down to Georgia" singer, 76, is recovering in a Nashville, Tenn., hospital after pacemaker implant surgery, according to a statement released on Thursday.


Daniels was diagnosed with a mild case of pneumonia on Monday, and after a series of tests, it was determined he needed a pacemaker to regulate his heart rate.


"I just had not been feeling well and wanted to get checked out," says the Grand Ole Opry star. "I am thankful the doctors found the problem and were able to implant a pacemaker to get my heart rate regulated. I am feeling so much better and looking forward to spending Easter with my family."


Daniels is expected to be released from the hospital on Friday and will spend the next two weeks at home.






No comments:

Post a Comment