Harvey Weinstein: Why I'm Happy to Finally Have a Son


Harvey Weinstein Happy to Have Son

Dave M. Benett/FFR/Getty


As the father of four daughters, Harvey Weinstein has been well-schooled in the phrase “shop ’til you drop.”


“I am so tired of going to Forever 21 and Abercrombie. Sundays I wake up and I go, ‘The game’s on!’ and [my daughters Emma, Lily and Ruth say], ‘At the mall, you’re driving us,’” the Oscar-winning producer, 61, joked Tuesday on CBS This Morning .


“Then they say, ‘Dad, park three miles [away], we don’t want to be seen with you. Meet us at the pizza store four miles over here because we’re embarrassed of you and you’re annoying.’”


But Weinstein’s days of skipping Sunday games may be coming to an end. He and his wife, Marchesa co-founder Georgina Chapman — who are already parents to 2-year-old India Pearlwelcomed their first son April 11.



“If it was the major leagues, I’d be batting 200, one for five,” he jokes of finally adding a baby boy to his brood.


Fortunately, despite years spent perfecting the art of being a dad to daughters, Weinstein proved he was prepared for a son, quickly settling on the name Dashiell as an ode to Chapman.


“On the first date that I took my wife out … she walks into the restaurant and she trips and falls,” he recalls. “I go, first there is a God because that evened the playing field right away and secondly I said to her, ‘That was the opening scene when Myrna Loy walked into William Powell in The Thin Man.’”


He continues, “I said, ‘Georgina, meet [author] Dashiell Hammett‘ and she read The Thin Man and … we had a boy.”




– Anya Leon




No comments:

Post a Comment