Ireland Baldwin Takes On Her Haters in a Bold Blog Post


Style News Now

04/30/2013 at 11:33 AM ET




Ireland Baldwin modelingBeckwith/NY Post/Splash News Online


Since making her modeling debut in early April, Ireland Baldwin has experienced the excitement of her career taking off — as well as plenty of judgmental comments.


So the teenage daughter of Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger took to her Tumblr to address her “haters” and to ask for a cease fire.


“What I don’t fully understand is: What is the good in commenting on a photo of a 17-year-old girl and calling her fat, ugly, etc.?” she asks in the post. “Is that helping you in some way? … Personally, I try to see the beauty in everyone. … I even see the beauty in the people who send me hateful replies!”


She also continues on to say that to compare her to her mom (or to hold her accountable for her dad’s previous behavior) is unfair.


RELATED: Kim Basinger gives Ireland Baldwin modeling advice!



“I am not my parents. My mom is one of the most beautiful women in the world,” she writes, “Let’s not forget, I also have a Dad too, so genetically speaking, I wasn’t built to look like my Mom’s identical twin!”


She continues to defend her father, saying “I get hateful replies and threats regarding mistakes of my Dad’s past. This isn’t fair. I had nothing to do with anything that happened back then, so I don’t fully understand why I am being targeted. More importantly, my Dad has moved on.”


Tell us: What do you think of Baldwin’s blog?



–Alex Apatoff


RELATED: Read Ireland Baldwin’s whole post here!






No comments:

Post a Comment