Girls Season 3 Trailer Released




11/22/2013 at 03:15 PM EST




Girls Season 3 Trailer Released


Zosia Mamet, Jemima Kirke, Lena Dunham and Alison Williams on the set of Girls


Mark Schafer/HBO



The Girls are back in town. Well, actually, they seem to be out of town quite a bit.

The season 3 trailer of the HBO hit show is out (watch below) and it opens with Hannah – played by writer, producer and star Lena Dunham – complaining to her on-again boyfriend Adam about a roadside hike through the country.


"It's really liberating," she says as she sits down on the ground, "to say no to s––– you hate."


Set to "Ways to Go" by Grouplove, the preview of the new season, which returns Jan. 12 with back-to-back episodes, shows Hannah, her best friends and the men in their lives doing what they do best: struggling to grow up and live the good life in New York City. But they seem to be having some fun along the way – including a lot of awkward dancing and a trip to the beach in Greenport, N.Y.


Without Christopher Abbott's character Charlie around, a super fit Marnie (Allison Williams) says, "I am okay. I may not seem okay or be okay now, but I am, like, okay."


Meanwhile, Shoshanna (Zosia Mamet) isn't making any excuses: "My life is a mess. I know that's my personal choice but I feel like it's time for me to un-choose that choice," she says, talking as fast as ever.


Jessa (Jemima Kirk) is back and wondering why someone would say they were dead to avoid her.


And Hannah seems to be making some progress on "almost getting it kind of together." There's a clip of her at a what appears to be a job interview (though it seems like she's going to botch it), a shot of her sitting at a cubicle (though she may be crying) and she's on a couch talking to what looks like a therapist.


"Everything has been so terrible and painful in the last few months leading me to this point, you know?" she tells the therapist. "And it's amazing to realize that I hold the keys to the prison that is my mind."


And then ... she gets her head stuck in a wooden chair.






No comments:

Post a Comment