Lindsey Vonn Returns to the Ski Slopes After Injury




11/29/2013 at 08:55 AM EST



Lindsey Vonn excitedly slipped on her ski boots and took to the slopes on Thanksgiving – just nine days after reinjuring her knee in Colorado.

"I went skiing today!" she posted on instagram along with a pic of herself in Vail.


The 29-year-old was derailed earlier this year after seriously injuring her right knee, and there were concerns that she wouldn't be able to compete at the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, in February after her latest injury.


"I'm confident it's going to be okay," the 2010 Olympic gold medalist told Today's Matt Lauer on Wednesday. "Fingers crossed I can be racing next week. I've worked so hard all summer to get to this point … I'm still confident … I still have a lot left to achieve … and I still have time before Sochi."


Vonn, who shared a pic of her hard work in therapy, says she "making progress," and was thrilled to get back onto the slopes on Thanksgiving morning.


"First day back on snow since my crash and it was awesome!" she posted on her Facebook page, with a pic of her smiling. "I'm very thankful for many things this year (family, loved ones, great fans) but at this moment I'm happy to be on the mountain doing what I love – skiing!!"






No comments:

Post a Comment