Octavia Spencer Is 'Fine' with Her Decision to Not Have Children



11/30/2013 at 11:30 AM EST



While Hollywood is in the midst of a baby boom, Octavia Spencer is one actress who doesn't have little ones on the brain.

"I should be married and have 19 kids," the Fruitvale Station star, 43, said Thursday during a roundtable discussion for The Hollywood Reporter's actresses issue. "And now I'm thinking my eggs are dying on the shelf. They're going to go past their expiration date. But it's what I chose, so I'm fine with that decision."


Octavia Spencer Is 'Fine' with Her Decision to Not Have Children| Kids & Family Life, Julia Roberts, Octavia Spencer

Julia Roberts


Steve Granitz / WireImage




While it seems to be clear that starting a family will not interfere with Spencer's career, Julia Roberts, on the other hand – who was also part of the discussion – decided to take a break from almost two decades of acting when she had her twins.

"I had been working for 18 years when I had Hazel and Finn almost nine years ago," Roberts, 46, who is also mom to 6-year-old son Henry, said. "So I felt like I earned that time in my house and in my kitchen and in bed all day with these two little people. I felt that was my present to myself."


Roberts, who called herself "fortunate" to have built up such a resume before starting a family, added, "I worked hard, and I was very devoted to that, and then I earned this jewel box of a life that I felt completely entitled to. It still is really important, but it has made me take more things into consideration."






No comments:

Post a Comment