Diane Keaton Shares Her 7 Fashion Must-Haves




09/12/2013 at 08:45 AM EDT



Diane Keaton has a look like no one else's, and it somehow never gets old.

"I like fashion because it's kind of playtime," says the 67-year-old Annie Hall Oscar winner. "I don't think about it a lot – I'll just go in there and try something. I like picking and choosing. It's the editor in me."


Still, there are some things that make her cut. Among them:


Pockets: Pockets are my life! I do not carry a bag ever, because I hate it. It keeps my hands free, I can move around, so I always have deep pockets. Basically I wear bulk.


Expert tailoring: I like Ralph Lauren's. I'm interested in tailoring because when you have a body like mine, without shoulders, you don't really have much of a silhouette.


Hints of color: Colors as accessories punch more. If it's the whole show, count me out. I don't want to be in that show. I mean, do you?


Suits: I still feel really comfortable in pants and a jacket, and I don't feel comfortable in a skirt. Although I've kind of made dresses work for me because of tights.


Gloves: It just adds a little something.


A smile: As you get older, there are certain things you can show off – your attitude and how you feel ... the smile. Because it reflects warmth. Warmth is really a plus when you're older.


The perfect hat: I've collected hats over the years. A hat room? Of course I don't have a hat room! Do you think I live in a palace, with my hat room? I live in a Connecticut-y house. One closet, no hat room.


For more on Keaton's signature style, pick up PEOPLE's Style & Beauty special issue, Gorgeous at Any Age, on newsstands all this month






No comments:

Post a Comment