Miley Cyrus Just Wants to 'Have Fun and Not Think of Any Kind of Repercussion'




09/30/2013 at 11:15 AM EDT



Apparently every day is a party in the U.S.A. for Miley Cyrus.

The controversial pop star, 20, didn't hold back in her one-hour documentary, Miley: The Movement, which premieres on MTV Oct. 2 (10 p.m. ET) and covers an array of topics from her notorious VMAs performance to her buzzed-about haircut and even features her "SMS (Bangerz)" duet partner, Britney Spears.


"Right now I'm at a point in my career where I can just be exactly who I want to be," she says in the special. "I can just have fun and not think about any kind of repercussion and just go for what you want to do. That causes a lot of reaction but I think there's something about watching people grow up."


The Haircut


The former Hannah Montana star also said her headline-making haircut totally changed her life.

"I told my hairstylist, shave my head, dye me blonde," she explained. "I need to let go of like a past in a way because I felt like we need to see change. I felt like I had this whole new attitude. I felt like I could finally be the bad b–h I really am. Even the way I dress has opened up."


The VMAs


And it wouldn't be a typical Cyrus story without addressing that infamous VMA performance.

"I don't pay attention to the negative because how many times have we seen this play out in pop music?" she said. "Madonna's done it, Britney has done it, anyone that's performed on the VMAs, you know? You're always going to make people talk. You might as well make them talk for like two weeks rather than two seconds. I've been laughing about all the news because everyone else is so serious."


Adds Cyrus: "Everyone's worked up and frazzled and I'm chilling. I'm like, 'I forgot about that performance it's so behind now. On to the next performance.' Yes, I am very comfortable with sexuality, I like pushing the boundaries, but I'm coming out in pigtails looking like a giant adult baby basically. That's obviously funny. If I really wanted to put on a sexy show I wouldn't have been dressed as a damn bear."


The Collaborators


The director behind Miley: The Movement, Paul Bozymowski, says he respects the "We Can't Stop" singer. "I found her to be very savvy and smart ... Her sense of humor separates her from a lot of artists. That ability to not take yourself so seriously all the time really sets [her apart]," he tells PEOPLE. "She's a very hard worker with meticulous attention to detail, which was very refreshing."

In the film – which Bozymowski says was made over the course of three or four months – Cyrus also gets some face time with a collaborator on her upcoming album and VMA veteran, Spears.


"With the VMAs coming up, what you did with Madonna is when you blew up and that's what I'm looking at," Cyrus told Spears in the special. "That's what you've kind of been for my generation. For me that's when I got into music. I want to give people that again, just videos that are out of control and people can't believe the performances."


Said Spears: "You're not going to be topless on stage?"


"I tried to go there but I don't think MTV's going to allow it," Cyrus answered.


Reporting by GILLIAN TELLING






No comments:

Post a Comment