Utah Dad Wears Short-Shorts to Shame His Teen Daughter




09/13/2013 at 09:45 AM EDT




Utah Dad Wears Short-Shorts to Shame His Teen Daughter


Scott Mackintosh


Courtesy Becky Mackintosh



A dad in Daisy Dukes?

In the fatherly fashion do – and don't – taking social media by storm, Utah dad Scott Mackintosh turned a pair of his own jeans into short-shorts to demonstrate his unhappiness with his teenaged daughter's skimpy wardrobe.


"I heard my wife ask our daughter if she would please change into some longer shorts before leaving [for dinner]. She said NO!" Mackintosh wrote on his wife's blog, Becky Mack's Blog of Mild Chaos.


"Instead of turning her response and disrespectful attitude into a major battle, I decided to make a 'small' statement on how her short-shorts maybe aren't as 'cute' as she thinks!"


So the father of seven took matters (and scissors) into his own hands, creating cut-offs and pairing it with a "Best. Dad. Ever." T-shirt, which he wore out to dinner with his family.


"I was absolutely going for shock value and embarrassment," Mackintosh said on Friday's Today show.


At first, Mackintosh didn't get the reaction he wanted: His daughter, who is not only named Myley but even somewhat resembles Miley Cyrus, simply gave him a disgusted look and said, "Why are you dressed like that? Oh, well, I don't care."


After his wife snapped some photos, Mackintosh decided to push the issue, taking the family out for miniature golf and then ice cream, where his daughter – whose Facebook profile gives her age as 19 – refused to get out of the car.


She did, however, post the fashion photos of her father to her Tumblr account, which had garnered nearly 135,000 notes as of Friday, alongside the caption, "My mom told me to change my 'slutty' shorts before we went to dinner. I said no. So my dad cut his jeans to fit in."


Although Mackintosh admitted on Today that there was no "Dad, you're the best!" from his daughter, he does believe his "modest is hottest" lesson resonated with her and that his daughter is now "aware of my feelings."






No comments:

Post a Comment