Shakira: 'Jealousy Has Never Been an Issue' in My Relationship with Gerard Pique



04/05/2014 at 01:55 PM EDT




Shakira: 'Jealousy Has Never Been an Issue' in My Relationship with Gerard Pique


Shakira


David Ramos Vidal/WireImage for Target



It sounds like Shakira painted a misleading picture of her boyfriend Gerard Pique to the media.

A month ago, Billboard posted an interview with the mentor of The Voice , 37, in which she called her man "very territorial," adding, "Since he no longer lets me do videos with men, well, I have to do them with women."


But after some apparent backlash, the pop star wrote a Facebook post on Thursday, clarifying what she really meant by those comments.


"I was being humorous and now I see that some press took it very literally!" she said. "The reality is that we have a beautiful relationship of mutual trust, and jealousy has never been an issue on either side."


She went on to assure her fans that next time, "I'll be more careful when attempting to use my sense of humor, as clearly it can be easily misinterpreted!"


Related Video: Blake Shelton: The Strange Reason I Stare at Shakira






No comments:

Post a Comment