Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger Are Married: Reports




06/29/2013 at 07:35 PM EDT




Avril Lavigne Marries Chad Kroeger: Reports


Chad Kroeger and Avril Lavigne


Kevin Mazur/WireImage



Avril Lavigne told Nickelback's Chad Kroeger "I'm With You" as the Canadian rockers tied the knot in a lavish wedding in the South of France, say reports.

E! News, quoting a source, announced the nuptials, as did the Daily Mail , citing a Tweet by Mike Heller, the CEO of the talent company that represents Lavigne.


Saturday morning Heller posted: "I'm in south of France about to see my little Rok star #avril get married I am so happy to be part of this special celebration."


Lavigne, 28, happily admitted to PEOPLE earlier this month that she was of planning for the wedding, which she had promised would be a themed event.


Fortunately for her, Kroeger, 38, was happy to let his bride-to-be take charge.


"Chad is on board with all my ideas," she told PEOPLE in June. "He knows that I have my own vision for the wedding and he likes what I like. He's down with whatever I'm down with. We have a lot in common, so it's been easier."


The duo got together last February when Kroeger contributed to Lavigne's latest album, "Here's To Never Growing Up." Kroeger proposed last August in sweet style – and presented her with an impressive 14-carat diamond ring.


"I had been making this scrapbook of my time in the studio. I walk over and he had taken a photo of himself holding the ring box and put the Polaroid in my scrapbook," Lavigne told Ryan Seacrest in April of Kroeger's proposal. "Because I had stickers everywhere he put in 'Will you marry me?' It was really romantic and kind of made sense."


This is the second wedding for Lavigne, who was previously married to Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley for three years. It is Kroeger's first marriage.






No comments:

Post a Comment