Demi Lovato: Putting Father to Rest Was 'Hardest Thing I've Ever Done'




06/30/2013 at 09:50 AM EDT




Demi Lovato Puts Dad to Rest


Demi Lovato


Janette Pellegrini/FilmMagic



Less than a week after taking to Twitter to thank fans for their support in the wake of her father's death, Demi Lovato has now told her followers she is finally at peace.

"Today I put my Daddy to rest.... hardest thing I've ever done.. But I know great things will come of this...," the singer-songwriter-actress wrote on Saturday. "There's an overwhelming sense of peace knowing my dad is no longer battling his demons anymore and that makes me so happy."


Patrick Lovato, who was 54, and Demi's mother, Dianna De La Garza, divorced in 1994. The The X Factor judge, 20, sings about her strained relationship with her dad in the her 2011 ballad "For the Love of a Daughter," which implies he struggled with alcohol-related issues. "How could you push me out of your world, lie to your flesh and your blood, put your hands on the ones that you swore you loved?" she sings.


In a 2009 interview with New York's Daily News , Lovato revealed the reasoning behind her decision to cut ties with her father.


"The last time I talked to him was two years ago," she said. "You try to have faith in somebody, even when you're the last person that believes in him. But when somebody lets you down after you've been the only one there for them, and so many times, you don't know what to do."






No comments:

Post a Comment