Amanda Knox: 'I Will Never Go Willingly Back' to Italy




01/31/2014 at 08:50 AM EST




Amanda Knox: 'I Will Never Go Willingly Back' to Italy


Amanda Knox on Good Morning America



Calling her murder conviction "not right and not fair," a clearly rattled Amanda Knox on Friday described her incredulous reaction to Thursday's verdict, and vowed never to return to Italy – at least not voluntarily.

"I couldn't believe what I was hearing," Knox, 26, tells Good Morning America . "I did not expect this to happen. I really expected so much more from the Italian justice system. They found me innocent once before."


Instead, the court sentenced her to more than 28 years in prison for the 2007 murder of her English roommate Meredith Kercher in Perugia.


Knox was clearly emotional Friday, struggling at times to maintain her composure. "I will never go willingly back to the place where … I'm going to fight this to the very end. It's not right, and it's not fair," she said.


Knox spent four years in prison after being convicted earlier, but an appeals court threw out the conviction in 2011. Italy's supreme court later ordered the case retried.






No comments:

Post a Comment