Jennifer Lopez Shows She's Still Jenny From the Block in New Video




01/31/2014 at 06:45 PM EST



In case you forgot, she's still Jenny from the block.

Jennifer Lopez released a new music video on Thursday for her "I'm-still-a-straight-up-Bronx­gal" single "Same Girl."


The American Idol judge went back to her roots, taking a camera crew back to her old neighborhood, the Bronx.


The video shows the 44-year-old walking the N.Y.C. streets and is reminiscent of her 2009 "Jenny From the Block" video (minus her then-beau Ben Affleck kissing her bikini-clad tush).


"This was guerrilla filmmaking at its best," she said in a behind-the-scenes video that debuted on Nuvo TV on Thursday. Lopez explained that she just called some friends and "grabbed a camera, jumped on the train, left the city and ran around the Bronx."


The mom of two says she wanted to "recapture the essence of what it was like [growing up in the Bronx] and the simplicity of life that I used to feel when I was there."


"My life at this point has gotten so big and overwhelming at times," she admits. "Sometimes just going back there makes me feel like the same girl that I always was and brings everything back into perspective for me."






No comments:

Post a Comment