Heidi Klum Never Uses Her Treadmill (Seriously!)


Style News Now

01/30/2014 at 05:36 PM ET




Whitney ThompsonCourtesy Whitney Thompson


Yes, Heidi Klum is 40, but let’s face it, the supermodel can still flaunt her body like she did in her 20s. Need proof? Check out her ab-baring look on the March cover of Women’s Health. And judging by this photo, you’d think Klum spends hours working out. Surprise! That’s not the case.


“I have a treadmill that’s really great, but it just sits there unused,” she says in the interview. “It looks nice, but I don’t have time to use it.” Instead of squeezing workouts into her already packed schedule, Klum says she stays fit by incorporating exercise into outdoor activities with her family, like bike rides and walks on the beach.


RELATED PHOTOS: The workout gear celebs and editors love


And as she ages, Klum maintains that working out (wherever she can fit it in) becomes more and more important. “The metabolism definitely changes when you turn 40. I always thought, ‘That’s not going to happen to me,’ but it is happening to me. If I indulge more, I have to exercise more. I figured out what works for me.”


When she does find the time to squeeze in a serious workout, the star is most definitely wearing some gear from her workout line with New Balance, which is both cute and affordable. “I’m not trying to reinvent the running shoe; that’s what [New Balance] does. I just push the envelope with the color or the pattern, like this digital print that was inspired by a flower but has a kaleidoscopic effect,” she says of her new spring collaboration with the brand, modeled in the photo above. “They didn’t ask me to come on board to do a black legging.”


What do you think of Klum’s new pieces? Share your thoughts below!


–Brittany Talarico






No comments:

Post a Comment