Peyton Manning Reveals His Super Bowl Good Luck Charms




01/29/2014 at 08:55 PM EST




Peyton Manning Reveals His Super Bowl Good Luck Charms


Peyton Manning and wife Ashley


Brian Branch Price/MCT/Landov. Inset:The Indianapolis Star/AP



What does a Super Bowl-bound quarterback count as his good luck charms?

"It's my family – my wife and twins," Peyton Manning, 37, told PEOPLE at Tuesday's Super Bowl XLVIII Media Day in Newark, N.J.


"My entire family keeps me positive and they always support me," says the Denver Broncos star of his wife of almost 13 years, Ashley, 39, and their 2-year-olds Mosley and Marshall. "They will be coming to town to be with me. Without them, I would not be where I am today. I am very grateful."


As the "excited" QB prepares for his third big game (his first cold-weather Super Bowl) in East Rutherford, N.J., Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks, he hopes to make history.


If Manning's Broncos emerge victorious Sunday, he will be the first starting quarterback to win two Super Bowls with two different teams. Manning won Super Bowl XLI with the Indianapolis Colts in 2007.


Off the field, Manning says he's happy spending time with his twins, who are just starting to talk.


"My kids provide me a lot of joy and happiness everyday," he said. "I'm learning more about them everyday. It makes me happy and excited."






No comments:

Post a Comment