Jennie Garth Talks Upcoming Memoir, Balancing Work and Family




02/07/2014 at 10:15 AM EST



Though she ruled the 90210 zip code, Jennie Garth was born an Illinois girl. And her upcoming memoir, she tells PEOPLE, will capture her transformation into Beverly Hills teen queen.

"It's through my perspective, and so it's interesting to read someone else's story, you know – my experience," Garth, 41, teases. "This book is definitely about my journey – starting out in the Midwest as a little girl, the things I did in my adolescent and teenage years to early stardom and present day."


The tome, titled Deep Thoughts from a Hollywood Blonde, will hit bookstores this spring. Though it's sure to stir some nostalgia in Beverly Hills, 90210 fans, the memoir will also chronicle Garth's more recent concerns – like balancing work and family in the wake of her divorce from ex-husband Peter Facinelli.


Garth, who caught up with PEOPLE on Wednesday at a kickoff event she co-hosted with Mario Lopez for Wonderful Halos and Feeding America at the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank, says she values her time driving her three daughters around to their many activities.


"We rock out in the car a lot," she says, laughing. "We just have fun anywhere we go as long as we're together, you know? It's a lot of energy. A lot of feminine energy."


The busy mom says she has returned to old-school methods of keeping everything organized for Luca, 16, Lola, 11, and Fiona, 7.


"I have a calendar and it's like my Bible, and the girls are on it and their pickup and drop-off times," says Garth, who shares custody with Facinelli. "I've recently gone back to a day planner, and I like to write down things and I look at it all – the whole week in a glance. It really sets my mind at ease."


Her daughters, she says, inspired her to take the time to pen Deep Thoughts amid all the craziness.


"Leaving something behind for my girls … on the bookshelf, it's going to be so cool to see my book up there," Garth says. "They're going to really love that."


Reporting by MARIAH HAAS






No comments:

Post a Comment