Whiskey Myers - Early Morning Shakes lyrics

I been out here praying for sunshine, all I see is pouring rain.

I been out here praying for good times, and all I get is more pain.

There's a monkey on my back, I got some habits that I can't break.

So I'm out here standing in the sunrise with a case of the early morning shakes.

Yeah the early morning shakes.

This voice is headed to hell now, least that's what the old folks say.

You only got a little while to shine before you fade away.

Out here on the highway, there's more that I can take.

Just giving everything I got til there's nothing left but the early morning shakes, early morning shakes.


I wanna break away.

Just be myself sometimes and get back all those things I lost along the way.

To the early morning shakes.


Jack Daniels in her coffee, ice water in her veins.

Bleach blonde hair with the rose tattoo, Maybelline and White Rain.

I took her back to the woods, listening to "When the Levee Breaks".

I reached over and took her hand, and I then I gave her the early morning shakes.

Yeah the early morning shakes. To the early morning shakes.

Yeah the early morning shakes.






No comments:

Post a Comment