Meet Miley Cyrus's New Puppy, Emu!




06/29/2014 at 01:45 PM EDT



As she continues to mourn the death of her dog Floyd, Miley Cyrus is getting a little help from a new furry friend.

The pop star announced the arrival of her latest pet: a puppy named Emu.


"I welcomed Emu Coyne Cyrus into the family a couple days ago. Been keepin him a secret cause sometimes I'm weird like that," she posted Saturday on Instagram.


Cyrus, 21, has been publicly mourning her beloved pooch Floyd since announcing his death in April. "I love my Floyd shrine. Fresh flowers are being delivered for it every week," she wrote on Twitter, "and we light a candle for him every morning."


A pint-sized pup named Moonie kept Cyrus company after Floyd's death, but the singer gave the pooch away about a week later, telling her Twitter followers his arrival came too soon.


Luckily for Emu, it looks like Cyrus is ready to open her heart up again.


"Never will I replace Floyd, and that's something I had to take time to understand. We had a very special memorial service for Floyd, and I felt my angel Floydy give Emu his blessing. I prayed to Floyd to just give him a touch of his awesomeness and he has.


"He is so special and different than my baby Floyd, and I think Floyd did that on purpose. But sometimes he does little things that remind me of him, and it makes me smile."


Emu seems to be fitting right in with Cyrus's family, which also includes rescues Bean, Mary Jane and Happy. He's even clocking in some quality one-on-one time with Cyrus – in the shower.






No comments:

Post a Comment