Jerry O'Connell Got Rebecca Romijn's Advice for Wearing Speedos in His New Show



TV News



07/30/2013 at 02:00 PM EDT




Jerry O'Connell Got Rebecca Romijn's Advice for Wearing Speedos on We Are Men


Jerry O'Connell


Frank Micelotta/Invision/AP



Jerry O'Connell admits he got "a little bit of a surprise" when he arrived on the set of his new sitcom, We Are Men, and took a look at his wardrobe – a collection of Speedos.

"It is probably the most nerve-wracking job for me to put those on every morning," O'Connell, 39, said at the 2013 CBS Summer TCA Press Tour, admitting that it's a turnaround from being known "as the fat kid from Stand By Me."


But the actor, whose show debuts Sept. 30 on CBS, says putting on the skimpy swimwear "is something that I have embraced. I have joined a gym. I have started drinking light beer. It is just something I am going to have to deal with in this role."


At least he's getting expert advice – from his wife, former Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover girl Rebecca Romijn.


"Go get a tan and do some push-ups and maybe take Pilates," she told him, O'Connell revealed.


But it turns out that getting that perfect glow isn't as easy as it looks.


"The first time [at the tanning salon] did not work out very well. I should have talked to the cast of Jersey Shore," says O'Connell, who hopped in the bed with his socks on. "I wanted to take them off because I didn't want a bad tan line and one of the socks was stuck to me when I was in the bed. So I had to go a second time."


Despite the Speedos and the tanning-salon mishaps, O'Connell, who has twin girls – Dolly and Charlie – with Romijn, is happy to be at work on We Are Men.


"It is so much easier than being at home with two 4-year-olds," he said. "That was tough. Thank goodness for television."






No comments:

Post a Comment