Sarah Michelle Gellar: My Daughter Thinks I Get My Hair Done for a Living


Sarah Michelle GellarScott Kirkland/PictureGroup


Can a working mom have it all? Maybe. But for Sarah Michelle Gellar , that means taking jobs close to home.


“Ultimately, yes, you hope that everybody can have it all, but everyone will tell you that is almost impossible,” the actress, 36, and mom to Charlotte , 3, and Rocky , 10 months, told PEOPLE Monday at CBS’s 2013 Summer Television Critics Association tour in Beverly Hills.


“I applaud the women who can still take movies and travel all over the world, but that is not for me,” she says.


“I’ve luckily found a job where I can take my daughter to school in the morning and still be at work. And for me, it is the best of both — I mean, the ultimate job I could ever ask for.”



The Buffy the Vampire Slayer actress, who will star this fall with Robin Williams in CBS’s new show The Crazy Ones , says while having kids affects the roles she takes, it doesn’t necessarily help with character development.


“Once you get on set, you have to decompartmentalize and focus on the job,” she says. “My character on the show is nowhere near having children, so you put that away.”


Gellar looked fabulous Monday, and chalked it up to a mix of healthy eating, exercise — and a little help from Spanx.


“God bless whoever invented them,” she jokes. “You know, I chase two children all day long, so there’s that constant ‘Let’s go swimming now! Let’s go do this now!” And I take advantage of being in California, so ‘Let’s go outside! Let’s do this!’”


She continues, “I try also for the healthy choices to influence both me and my children’s meals as well. We have a garden, and we grow everything ourselves, and we make it into juices. My daughter loves kale juice and kale chips, so we try to make it into a family thing.”


Asked if her kids know what she does for a living, she replied, “Not a clue. My daughter thinks I get my hair done for a living … And my son is 10 months old, and I am lucky he knows who I am.”


– Tim Nudd and Patrick Gomez






No comments:

Post a Comment