Why is Andie MacDowell Apologizing?


08/31/2014 AT 10:45 AM EDT



Andie MacDowell stars as a small-town judge in Hallmark Channel's Cedar Cove, but the 56-year-old actress admitted she's still trying to curtail her use of curse words and "sorry" when she chatted with PEOPLE this week about "one last thing" ...

Last time I cursed

Two days ago. I never did when my kids [Justin, 28, Rainey, 25, and Margaret, 19] were little, and then I got into a bad habit. I'm working superhard to stop. I try to say "shucks" and "dad-gum" to the best of my ability.


Last time I said 'sorry'

Oh, all southern women say they're sorry. You could do almost anything, bump into some one, don't spread the jam right, you're always sorry. I've had people tell me to stop saying it so much!


Last time I cried

I might have cried a little in New York when I was leaving Margaret last week. I love crying laughter, I much prefer that. But every now and then a good sob is good for the soul.


Last game I played

I play games on-set at work. Sometimes I can't remember people's names, so I start throwing out clues. Like if I can't think of George Clooney, I'll say, "You know, drop-dead gorgeous, was on a big TV show . . ." Until someone says his name, I can't finish my story!






No comments:

Post a Comment