Jennifer Aniston: Questions about Kids Are 'Not Really Fair'




08/28/2014 AT 06:30 PM EDT



She has answered questions about it this week. But honestly, she shouldn't have to.

That's Jennifer Aniston's stance on one issue that won't seem to go away: whether or not she and Justin Theroux will have children.


In the end, she says, the public worries about it more than she and her fiancé do. And beyond that – well, really, it's none of your business.


"It's not something that's in our everyday life, quite honestly. It's more questions that arise in a red carpet line or in an interview," the actress, 45, told PEOPLE Wednesday at the Los Angeles premiere of her film Life of Crime, in which she plays a 1970s-era socialite.


"I just find it to be energy that is unnecessary and not really fair for those who may or may not [have children]," she added. "Who knows what the reason is, why people aren't having kids. There's a lot of reasons that could be, and maybe it's something that no one wants to discuss."


"It's everyone's personal prerogative, that's all."


Her comments follow an appearance Wednesday morning on the Today show, in which she flatly dismissed the notion that she would need to become a mother to feel complete in life.


"I don't have this sort of checklist of things that have to be done and … if they're not checked then I've failed some part of my feminism, or my being a woman, or my worth or my value as a woman," she said.


"I've birthed a lot of things, and I feel like I've mothered many things. And I don't think it's fair to put that pressure on people."


Aniston was feeling no pressure Wednesday as she enjoyed the screening with Theroux. Later, at The Argyle Hollywood afterparty, they entertained friends and well-wishers – and when they were alone, she affectionately put her arm around his shoulders and they talked closely to each other.


Aniston told PEOPLE that she didn't have any hesitation about taking the darkly comic role – as an unhappy wife who gets kidnapped by a group of criminals – in the Elmore Leonard adaptation. " It was pretty simple," she said. "It wasn't a big, 'Wow, am I going to go here?' I just pretty much fell in love with it right away."


Reporting by GABRIELLE OLYA






Jennifer Aniston: Questions about Kids Are 'Not Really Fair'| Babies, Couples, Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux

From left: Lisa Kudrow, Jennifer Aniston, Jimmy Kimmel and Courteney Cox


ABC








No comments:

Post a Comment