Amy Adams Thanks Daughter During Emotional Golden Globes Acceptance Speech



01/12/2014 at 09:50 PM EST



Amy Adams made sure to give props to the one person who makes her world truly golden: her daughter.

The newly minted Golden Globe winner took home the award for best actress in a motion picture, musical or comedy Sunday night for her role in American Hustle. And, as she wrapped up her acceptance speech, she made it clear she wasn't leaving the stage without thanking her 3-year-old little lady, Aviana.


The actress was in the midst of thanking a bevy of folks, including her manager and the film's producer, when the orchestra began to play her off. But Adams, 39, firmly held her ground as she made it clear she had one more person on the list.


"And most of all, you cannot play me out of talking about my daughter," she proudly said.


"My daughter Aviana who's now old enough to understand this – I love you so much," she said, before adding, "Thank you for teaching me to accept joy and let go of fear."


During her speech, the actress also explained that she was celebrating the 15th anniversary of her move to Los Angeles, saying that she thought at the time, "I don't know, maybe I'll get a commercial or something."


Lucky for us the American Hustle star sure hustled up much more than that!






No comments:

Post a Comment