Alicia Keys Poses Pregnant and Nude for Peace




09/22/2014 AT 11:30 AM EDT



Alicia Keys isn't shy about peace.

The singer, 34, posted a nude photo to Instagram on Saturday featuring her pregnant belly painted with a white peace sign.


"It's you and me on a mission to create a kinder and more peaceful world," she wrote. "The #WeAreHere Movement begins today."


On Sunday, Keys spoke at the 92nd Street Y in New York City as part of the two-day Social Good Summit. There, she announced plans for the "We Are Here" movement, a cause dedicated to supporting a variety of social justice issues, from gun control to gay rights.


"As I prepare to give birth to my new child, I can't help but think what world I'm bringing the baby into," she said. "We see the state of the world today and we can all feel the frustration and the desire to do something to make it better.


"We all want to do something but oftentimes we don't feel empowered. That is why I created 'We Are Here.' Because it's not about me. It's about we."


Added Keys: "I felt that if we could gather a group of really powerful organizations, how many people would want to come out and say 'I believe in that,' or 'That's important to me?' People want to be awakened. So we are here to manifest and empower our community."


The singer concluded her speech by personally pledging $1 million to the cause, urging her fans to donate as well: "I want all of us to take the 'We Are Here' peace pledge to support this great work."


Keys's second child with husband Swizz Beatz is due in December. The couple are already parents to son Egypt, 3½.






No comments:

Post a Comment