Taylor Swift: Why I Carry My Cat Around New York


Taylor Swift Holding Her Cat in NYC


Taylor Swift and her cat, Olivia Benson


Elder Ordonez/INF






09/26/2014 AT 06:35 PM EDT



Taylor Swift would like to make one thing very clear: She is not a crazy cat lady.

She has a much simpler explanation for why she was recently spotted out in New York City with her beloved kitty, Olivia Benson, in her arms.


It turns out her feline companion is a bit of a 'fraidy cat.


"The kitten freaks out about being put in the cat carrier," Swift, 24, tells Access Hollywood . "So I was like, 'OK, alright, we're just going to do this!' It was like a 10-foot walk from my door to the car."


The photo quickly went viral (Taylor Swift + cat = Internet gold), though Swift herself has a sense of humor about the image.


"What I thought was funny about those pictures is the cat is looking straight at the cameras," she says.


Swift unveiled the feline Olivia Benson – named after Mariska Hargitay's tough-yet-sensitive detective on Law and Order: SVU – in June.


She joined Swift's first cat, Meredith Grey, an English Fold Swift once described as her "roommate."


The "Shake it Off" singer recently told Rolling Stone she briefly worried about what might happen if she adopted a second cat – but quickly got over it.


"I asked around: I was like, 'Does two cats count as cats?' But then I thought, 'What imaginary guy's perspective am I thinking about this from?' " she said. "Someone is going to think I'm undateable for a lot of reasons before they think I'm undateable because I have two cats."






No comments:

Post a Comment