Michael Strahan Set to Strip in Magic Mike XXL


Michael Strahan Set to Strip in Magic Mike XXL


Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan


Pawel Kaminski/Disney-ABC Domestic TV.






09/29/2014 AT 04:30 PM EDT



Football player, talk-show host and now ... male stripper?

Michael Strahan will take it off for Magic Mike XXL , due in theaters July 2015, he announced Monday on his syndicated morning show Live with Kelly and Michael .


"I'm about to do something that started as a joke here on the show, when I was just here as a co-host one day and we had a guest here who did a movie, and I decided to reenact some of his movie," Strahan hinted Monday. "So then he kept messing around with me."


As part of a running gag, Channing Tatum kept pleading with Strahan to join the sequel as he promoted the original movie in 2012. Eventually, Strahan stripped down on air.


"That was an absolute joke, and I can dance much better than that," Strahan, 42, continued.


But this time, the casting news is no laughing matter: Warner Bros. confirmed the former Giants defensive end will appear as a new character alongside Elizabeth Banks, Andie MacDowell and Jada Pinkett Smith. Tatum and stars Matt Bomer and Joe Manganiello will also return.


It's a dream come true for Strahan, who posed as a scantily-clad construction worker for PEOPLE's Magic Mike-inspired Sexiest Man Alive photo shoot in 2013.


Michael Strahan Set to Strip in Magic Mike XXL| Magic Mike, Movie News, Channing Tatum, Kelly Ripa, Michael Strahan

Magic Mike in PEOPLE


Anders Overgaard




"You can always go back to the old Michael Jackson classics that will get you on the dance floor," he told PEOPLE at the time of his go-to moves. "If I hear an old Michael Jackson, you better watch out, I might moonwalk on you."


But just how risqué will the real Magic Mike role get?


"The wardrobe guy called me the other day ... and after the conversation, I said, 'Why did he even bother to call me to talk about wardrobe, 'cause apparently there ain't nothin' to be worn!' " Strahan joked on Live. "It's like kind of a thong thing. I don't know if I'm necessarily hairy on the back end, but maybe I do need to be waxed."






No comments:

Post a Comment